Keith Moon died before he got old, but Ginger Baker, the other legendary wild-man drummer of British rock, lived to be a cranky, clear-eyed old man. Beware of Mr. Baker stays true to his recklessly free spirit. Spitting obscenities at the film’s director, Jay Bulger, Baker recalls his days as: the ’60s thrash caveman who gave Cream and Blind Faith their transcendent power surge; the pioneer of druggy hotel-room rampages; and the damaged purist who left the pop world for Africa. The movie salutes the rhythms and the wreckage. B+
BEWARE OF MR. BAKER 'Cream' drummer, Ginger Baker (Snag Films)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Bob Adcock, Tony Allen, Carmine Appice; Director: Jay Bulger; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: SnagFilms
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!