Keith Moon died before he got old, but Ginger Baker, the other legendary wild-man drummer of British rock, lived to be a cranky, clear-eyed old man. Beware of Mr. Baker stays true to his recklessly free spirit. Spitting obscenities at the film’s director, Jay Bulger, Baker recalls his days as: the ’60s thrash caveman who gave Cream and Blind Faith their transcendent power surge; the pioneer of druggy hotel-room rampages; and the damaged purist who left the pop world for Africa. The movie salutes the rhythms and the wreckage. B+
BEWARE OF MR. BAKER 'Cream' drummer, Ginger Baker (Snag Films)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Bob Adcock, Tony Allen, Carmine Appice; Director: Jay Bulger; Release Date Limited: 11/28/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: SnagFilms
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- Liam Payne turns 22! See his most GIF-able moments
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!