Keith Moon died before he got old, but Ginger Baker, the other legendary wild-man drummer of British rock, lived to be a cranky, clear-eyed old man. Beware of Mr. Baker stays true to his recklessly free spirit. Spitting obscenities at the film’s director, Jay Bulger, Baker recalls his days as: the ’60s thrash caveman who gave Cream and Blind Faith their transcendent power surge; the pioneer of druggy hotel-room rampages; and the damaged purist who left the pop world for Africa. The movie salutes the rhythms and the wreckage. B+
BEWARE OF MR. BAKER 'Cream' drummer, Ginger Baker (Snag Films)
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Bob Adcock, Tony Allen, Carmine Appice; Director: Jay Bulger; Runtime (in minutes): 92; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: SnagFilms
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!