Director Marcus Dunstan’s 2009 film The Collector was a preposterous but efficient slasher flick in which Josh Stewart’s winningly mutt-faced ex-con, Arkin, attempted, without a whole lot of success, to save the family he was burglarizing from the murderous attentions of a masked psycho. The Collection, also from Dunstan, finds Arkin again facing off against the torture-obsessed maniac. This time he’s trying to rescue a damsel in distress from the killer’s demented clutches. Remarkably, the result manages to be both more preposterous and more efficient than its predecessor, with a couple of deaths occurring so swiftly they border on the subliminal. The good news (or the bad, depending on your level of tolerance for this kind of gore-drenched malarkey)? All the important slayings get shown again over the closing credits. B-
COLLECTION TIME Josh Stewart once again faces off against his old nemesis, The Masked Psycho
Genre: Horror; Starring: Christopher McDonald, Josh Stewart, Lee Tergesen; Director: Marcus Dunstan; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: LD Entertainment
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Macklemore got Ken Griffey Jr. to recreate his famous rookie card
- Celebrate Shania Twain's birthday by playing 'Shania lyric or motivational poster?'
- Justin Bieber drops 'What Do You Mean?' after online leak
- Snoop Dogg watches tree frogs have an orgy on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
- Jimmy Kimmel unveils Donald Trump's new ad campaign
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!