Director Marcus Dunstan’s 2009 film The Collector was a preposterous but efficient slasher flick in which Josh Stewart’s winningly mutt-faced ex-con, Arkin, attempted, without a whole lot of success, to save the family he was burglarizing from the murderous attentions of a masked psycho. The Collection, also from Dunstan, finds Arkin again facing off against the torture-obsessed maniac. This time he’s trying to rescue a damsel in distress from the killer’s demented clutches. Remarkably, the result manages to be both more preposterous and more efficient than its predecessor, with a couple of deaths occurring so swiftly they border on the subliminal. The good news (or the bad, depending on your level of tolerance for this kind of gore-drenched malarkey)? All the important slayings get shown again over the closing credits. B-
COLLECTION TIME Josh Stewart once again faces off against his old nemesis, The Masked Psycho
Genre: Horror; Starring: Christopher McDonald, Josh Stewart, Lee Tergesen; Director: Marcus Dunstan; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: LD Entertainment
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'witch noir' comic 'Black Magick' casts a spell -- exclusive first look
- Ben Affleck on being cast as Batman: 'My first reaction was, 'Are you sure?''
- 'Maze Runner': Dylan O'Brien in new 'Scorch Trials' photo
- 13 reasons why 'Fast & Furious 6' has the greatest barbecue
Shark Week 2015:
Eli Roth previews Shark After Dark
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Agent Carter,' 'Hawaii Five-0,' 'You’re the Worst' and more
- Tracy Morgan visits Disney to celebrate daughter's birthday
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!