Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning is the latest sequel in the undying action series about reanimated war vets is so gruelingly violent you half wonder if director John Hyams’ goal is to make the audience get up and leave the theater rather than be party to the brutality. Consider this a public service announcement: Folks who have a problem with onscreen flesh-hacking — or the fact that franchise stars Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren aren’t in the movie all that much — should stay home. C+
UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING Dolph Lundgren (Cook Allender)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Thriller; Starring: Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren; Director: John Hyams; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt