Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning is the latest sequel in the undying action series about reanimated war vets is so gruelingly violent you half wonder if director John Hyams’ goal is to make the audience get up and leave the theater rather than be party to the brutality. Consider this a public service announcement: Folks who have a problem with onscreen flesh-hacking — or the fact that franchise stars Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren aren’t in the movie all that much — should stay home. C+
UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING Dolph Lundgren (Cook Allender)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Thriller; Starring: Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren; Director: John Hyams; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Elizabeth Banks leads celebrities in a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'