Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning is the latest sequel in the undying action series about reanimated war vets is so gruelingly violent you half wonder if director John Hyams’ goal is to make the audience get up and leave the theater rather than be party to the brutality. Consider this a public service announcement: Folks who have a problem with onscreen flesh-hacking — or the fact that franchise stars Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren aren’t in the movie all that much — should stay home. C+
UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING Dolph Lundgren (Cook Allender)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Thriller; Starring: Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren; Director: John Hyams; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Krysten Ritter discusses spoiler politics (while spoiling 'Homeland')
- Charli XCX made a documentary about being a woman in the music industry
- Gina Rodriguez and James Corden get into a slap fight
- Ben Affleck feeling ‘a ton of pressure’ over 'Batman v Superman'
- See Carly Simon and Stephen Colbert duet on 'Mockingbird'
- Wayne Coyne reveals details about the Flaming Lips' over-the-top tour with Miley Cyrus
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next