Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning is the latest sequel in the undying action series about reanimated war vets is so gruelingly violent you half wonder if director John Hyams’ goal is to make the audience get up and leave the theater rather than be party to the brutality. Consider this a public service announcement: Folks who have a problem with onscreen flesh-hacking — or the fact that franchise stars Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren aren’t in the movie all that much — should stay home. C+
UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING Dolph Lundgren (Cook Allender)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Thriller; Starring: Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren; Director: John Hyams; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A