Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning is the latest sequel in the undying action series about reanimated war vets is so gruelingly violent you half wonder if director John Hyams’ goal is to make the audience get up and leave the theater rather than be party to the brutality. Consider this a public service announcement: Folks who have a problem with onscreen flesh-hacking — or the fact that franchise stars Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dolph Lundgren aren’t in the movie all that much — should stay home. C+
UNIVERSAL SOLDIER: DAY OF RECKONING Dolph Lundgren (Cook Allender)
Genre: Action/Adventure, Sci-fi and Fantasy, Thriller; Starring: Jean-Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren; Director: John Hyams; Release Date Wide: 11/30/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Magnolia Pictures
Posted November 30 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Drake is releasing more new music in December
- Charlie Puth cancels remainder of tour due to sickness
- Universal Studios Japan is getting an entire 'Minions'-themed area
- President Obama dances to 'Hotline Bling' with Usher, Janelle Monáe
- Bradley Cooper visited Lady Gaga on the set of 'Saturday Night Live'
- Viola Davis to campaign in supporting actress category for 'Fences'
- DJ Khaled documented his son's birth on Snapchat