This mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in 2005, but has returned to walk the earth as a Kindle Single. A locksmith who specializes in opening safes discovers something far more unnerving than jewelry and Social Security cards when he drills open a mysterious strongbox in an old mansion recently purchased by a paranoid crime writer. While the premise is a good one, and Connelly a talented writer, any and all tension dissipates faster than foggy breath. It’s certainly not a bad stab at scary, but fans of the author probably won’t be surprised to find out he’s better at conjuring up thrills than chills. B-
The Safe Man: A Ghost StoryThis mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in...The Safe Man: A Ghost StoryMystery and Thriller, FictionMichael ConnellyThis mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in...2012-12-05Little, Brown and Company
THE SAFE MAN: A GHOST STORY Michael Connelly
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Michael Connelly; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted December 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'