This mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in 2005, but has returned to walk the earth as a Kindle Single. A locksmith who specializes in opening safes discovers something far more unnerving than jewelry and Social Security cards when he drills open a mysterious strongbox in an old mansion recently purchased by a paranoid crime writer. While the premise is a good one, and Connelly a talented writer, any and all tension dissipates faster than foggy breath. It’s certainly not a bad stab at scary, but fans of the author probably won’t be surprised to find out he’s better at conjuring up thrills than chills. B-
The Safe Man: A Ghost StoryThis mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in...The Safe Man: A Ghost StoryMystery and Thriller, FictionMichael ConnellyThis mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in...2012-12-05Little, Brown and Company
THE SAFE MAN: A GHOST STORY Michael Connelly
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Michael Connelly; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted December 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Charli XCX made a documentary about being a woman in the music industry
- Gina Rodriguez and James Corden get into a slap fight
- Ben Affleck feeling ‘a ton of pressure’ over 'Batman v Superman'
- See Carly Simon and Stephen Colbert duet on 'Mockingbird'
- Wayne Coyne reveals details about the Flaming Lips' over-the-top tour with Miley Cyrus
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Behind Mark's surprising decision, and what's next
- The first 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer has arrived