This mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in 2005, but has returned to walk the earth as a Kindle Single. A locksmith who specializes in opening safes discovers something far more unnerving than jewelry and Social Security cards when he drills open a mysterious strongbox in an old mansion recently purchased by a paranoid crime writer. While the premise is a good one, and Connelly a talented writer, any and all tension dissipates faster than foggy breath. It’s certainly not a bad stab at scary, but fans of the author probably won’t be surprised to find out he’s better at conjuring up thrills than chills. B-
The Safe Man: A Ghost StoryThis mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in...The Safe Man: A Ghost StoryMystery and Thriller, FictionMichael ConnellyThis mildly spooky spectral tale, The Safe Man: A Ghost Story, by famed thriller writer Connelly was originally published anonymously in...2012-12-05Little, Brown and Company
THE SAFE MAN: A GHOST STORY Michael Connelly
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Michael Connelly; Publisher: Little, Brown and Company
Posted December 5 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Alison Brie offers unqualified dating advice on 'The Tonight Show'
- Jimmy Fallon plays 'Family Feud' on 'The Tonight Show'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!