Just a few days after the first poster hit the web, Universal has released the first trailer for Tom Cruise’s upcoming dystopian sci-fi adventure Oblivion. Cruise plays Jack Harper, a repairman left behind on Earth to help keep drones in operation 60 years after the planet has been ravaged by an alien attack. On one of his last repair jobs, Harper stumbles onto a mystery that forces him to question everything he thought he knew, involving a beautiful woman in a downed spacecraft and a ragged-looking, Road Warrior-esque band of survivors led by Morgan Freeman. The movie, which is directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy), opens Apr. 19. Watch the clip below.
Posted December 9 2012 — 1:01 PM EST
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC