Just a few days after the first poster hit the web, Universal has released the first trailer for Tom Cruise’s upcoming dystopian sci-fi adventure Oblivion. Cruise plays Jack Harper, a repairman left behind on Earth to help keep drones in operation 60 years after the planet has been ravaged by an alien attack. On one of his last repair jobs, Harper stumbles onto a mystery that forces him to question everything he thought he knew, involving a beautiful woman in a downed spacecraft and a ragged-looking, Road Warrior-esque band of survivors led by Morgan Freeman. The movie, which is directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy), opens Apr. 19. Watch the clip below.
Posted January 18 2015 — 11:57 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'