Just a few days after the first poster hit the web, Universal has released the first trailer for Tom Cruise’s upcoming dystopian sci-fi adventure Oblivion. Cruise plays Jack Harper, a repairman left behind on Earth to help keep drones in operation 60 years after the planet has been ravaged by an alien attack. On one of his last repair jobs, Harper stumbles onto a mystery that forces him to question everything he thought he knew, involving a beautiful woman in a downed spacecraft and a ragged-looking, Road Warrior-esque band of survivors led by Morgan Freeman. The movie, which is directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy), opens Apr. 19. Watch the clip below.
Posted December 9 2012 — 1:01 PM EST
- Amy Schumer made out with her boyfriend on Kiss Cam at the Mets game
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Showrunner talks crafting this year's crisis
- 'Power' finale postmortem: What that arrest means for Ghost
- 'Quantico': Will you be tuning in to season 2?
- Lea Michele would rather Calvin Harris over Tom Hiddleston
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner addresses what happened to Chris
- 'Last Man on Earth' premiere: Will Forte on THAT celebrity cameo