Just a few days after the first poster hit the web, Universal has released the first trailer for Tom Cruise’s upcoming dystopian sci-fi adventure Oblivion. Cruise plays Jack Harper, a repairman left behind on Earth to help keep drones in operation 60 years after the planet has been ravaged by an alien attack. On one of his last repair jobs, Harper stumbles onto a mystery that forces him to question everything he thought he knew, involving a beautiful woman in a downed spacecraft and a ragged-looking, Road Warrior-esque band of survivors led by Morgan Freeman. The movie, which is directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy), opens Apr. 19. Watch the clip below.
Posted December 9 2012 — 1:01 PM EST
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'