Just a few days after the first poster hit the web, Universal has released the first trailer for Tom Cruise’s upcoming dystopian sci-fi adventure Oblivion. Cruise plays Jack Harper, a repairman left behind on Earth to help keep drones in operation 60 years after the planet has been ravaged by an alien attack. On one of his last repair jobs, Harper stumbles onto a mystery that forces him to question everything he thought he knew, involving a beautiful woman in a downed spacecraft and a ragged-looking, Road Warrior-esque band of survivors led by Morgan Freeman. The movie, which is directed by Joseph Kosinski (Tron: Legacy), opens Apr. 19. Watch the clip below.
Posted December 9 2012 — 1:01 PM EST
- Football stars cheer 'Eddie the Eagle' in film’s Super Bowl spot
- T.J. Miller reveals some of the lines too dirty for 'Deadpool'
- Nicholas Sparks: 'No one wanted to play Noah' in 'The Notebook'
- Emma Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch named visiting fellows at Oxford
- Salma Hayek visits ER in ‘inappropriate’ shirt after on-set injury
- 'The Witch' is 'a Puritan's nightmare' in new featurette
- War is coming in the 'Gods of Egypt' Super Bowl TV spot