The guys in Save the Date, a basically plotless, made-for-millennials rom-com, are nice-enough dweebs with concave chests. The gals — a pair of sisters — are two variations of neurotic: Lizzy Caplan plays the skittish, commitment-phobic, quirky, Deschanel-esque one, while the wonderful Alison Brie from Mad Men and Community is the self-absorbed bride-to-be type. Everyone in the cast (including Geoffrey Arend, Mark Webber, and Caplan’s Party Down colleague Martin Starr) is talented enough to deserve a stronger story line than this. (Also available on VOD) C
TROUBLE BEFORE PARADISE Lizzy Caplan and Alison Brie star in this rom-com about rejected proposals and wedding plans (Elisha Christian)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Alison Brie, Lizzy Caplan; Director: Michael Mohan; Release Date Wide: 12/14/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 11 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'