The guys in Save the Date, a basically plotless, made-for-millennials rom-com, are nice-enough dweebs with concave chests. The gals — a pair of sisters — are two variations of neurotic: Lizzy Caplan plays the skittish, commitment-phobic, quirky, Deschanel-esque one, while the wonderful Alison Brie from Mad Men and Community is the self-absorbed bride-to-be type. Everyone in the cast (including Geoffrey Arend, Mark Webber, and Caplan’s Party Down colleague Martin Starr) is talented enough to deserve a stronger story line than this. (Also available on VOD) C
TROUBLE BEFORE PARADISE Lizzy Caplan and Alison Brie star in this rom-com about rejected proposals and wedding plans (Elisha Christian)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Alison Brie, Lizzy Caplan; Director: Michael Mohan; Release Date Wide: 12/14/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 11 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy