The guys in Save the Date, a basically plotless, made-for-millennials rom-com, are nice-enough dweebs with concave chests. The gals — a pair of sisters — are two variations of neurotic: Lizzy Caplan plays the skittish, commitment-phobic, quirky, Deschanel-esque one, while the wonderful Alison Brie from Mad Men and Community is the self-absorbed bride-to-be type. Everyone in the cast (including Geoffrey Arend, Mark Webber, and Caplan’s Party Down colleague Martin Starr) is talented enough to deserve a stronger story line than this. (Also available on VOD) C
TROUBLE BEFORE PARADISE Lizzy Caplan and Alison Brie star in this rom-com about rejected proposals and wedding plans (Elisha Christian)
Genre: Romantic Comedy; Starring: Alison Brie, Lizzy Caplan; Director: Michael Mohan; Release Date Wide: 12/14/2012; Runtime (in minutes): 98; MPAA Rating: R
Posted December 11 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!