Deggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ”race-baiter” by no less than Bill O’Reilly, who has objected numerous times to the thesis of Race-Baiter: that when it comes to matters involving race, the media frequently send out either mixed messages or the wrong ones. Drawing upon phenomena as varied as news coverage of the Trayvon Martin killing, the casting of blacks in prime-time lead roles, and Hurricane Katrina, Deggans makes a smartly presented call for more civil discourse. A-
Race BaiterDeggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ''race-baiter'' by no less than Bill O'Reilly, who has objected...Race BaiterNonfiction, Politics and Current EventsEric DeggansDeggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ''race-baiter'' by no less than Bill O'Reilly, who has objected...2012-12-14Palgrave Macmillan
RACE-BAITER Eric Deggans
Genre: Nonfiction, Politics and Current Events; Author: Eric Deggans; Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
Posted December 14 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Patricia Arquette to voice witch in Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!