Deggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ”race-baiter” by no less than Bill O’Reilly, who has objected numerous times to the thesis of Race-Baiter: that when it comes to matters involving race, the media frequently send out either mixed messages or the wrong ones. Drawing upon phenomena as varied as news coverage of the Trayvon Martin killing, the casting of blacks in prime-time lead roles, and Hurricane Katrina, Deggans makes a smartly presented call for more civil discourse. A-
Race BaiterDeggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ''race-baiter'' by no less than Bill O'Reilly, who has objected...Race BaiterNonfiction, Politics and Current EventsEric DeggansDeggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ''race-baiter'' by no less than Bill O'Reilly, who has objected...2012-12-14Palgrave Macmillan
RACE-BAITER Eric Deggans
Genre: Nonfiction, Politics and Current Events; Author: Eric Deggans; Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
Posted December 14 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!