Deggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ”race-baiter” by no less than Bill O’Reilly, who has objected numerous times to the thesis of Race-Baiter: that when it comes to matters involving race, the media frequently send out either mixed messages or the wrong ones. Drawing upon phenomena as varied as news coverage of the Trayvon Martin killing, the casting of blacks in prime-time lead roles, and Hurricane Katrina, Deggans makes a smartly presented call for more civil discourse. A-
Race BaiterDeggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ''race-baiter'' by no less than Bill O'Reilly, who has objected...Race BaiterNonfiction, Politics and Current EventsEric DeggansDeggans, the first-rate TV and media critic for the Tampa Bay Times, was called a ''race-baiter'' by no less than Bill O'Reilly, who has objected...2012-12-14Palgrave Macmillan
RACE-BAITER Eric Deggans
Genre: Nonfiction, Politics and Current Events; Author: Eric Deggans; Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!