A piano featured in the classic 1942 Humphrey Bogart film Casablanca sold at Sotheby’s in New York Friday for $602,500, according to NBC News. The auction house had previously sold the prop for $154,000 in 1988, and this time around had set a pre-sale estimate of $800,000 to $1.2m. Sotheby’s did not name the purchaser.
Posted December 15 2012 — 7:30 PM EST
- Gender-swapped 'Twilight'? Meet Beau and Edythe
- Cameron Monaghan talks about that shocking 'Gotham' twist
- ‘Furious 8’ director: Rating the most likely candidates
- Casting Net: Jamie Foxx is voicing an animated street-dancing mouse
- Most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'Don't Dream It's Over'
- Hear Kurt Cobain's solo recording of 'Sappy'
- Owners of 'The Conjuring' house sue Warner Bros.