A piano featured in the classic 1942 Humphrey Bogart film Casablanca sold at Sotheby’s in New York Friday for $602,500, according to NBC News. The auction house had previously sold the prop for $154,000 in 1988, and this time around had set a pre-sale estimate of $800,000 to $1.2m. Sotheby’s did not name the purchaser.
Posted December 15 2012 — 7:30 PM EST
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'