A piano featured in the classic 1942 Humphrey Bogart film Casablanca sold at Sotheby’s in New York Friday for $602,500, according to NBC News. The auction house had previously sold the prop for $154,000 in 1988, and this time around had set a pre-sale estimate of $800,000 to $1.2m. Sotheby’s did not name the purchaser.
Posted December 15 2012 — 7:30 PM EST
- 'Simpsons' return crushes everything else in ratings
- John Oliver slams Wells Fargo over recent banking scandal
- Ryan Murphy: Ageism in Hollywood is 'ridiculous'
- 'Supergirl': Get your first look at Superman in action — exclusive
- '13th' trailer: Ava DuVernay documentary explores mass incarceration
- Harry Styles covers 'Another Man' magazine
- Tom Hanks crashed a wedding photo shoot in Central Park