A piano featured in the classic 1942 Humphrey Bogart film Casablanca sold at Sotheby’s in New York Friday for $602,500, according to NBC News. The auction house had previously sold the prop for $154,000 in 1988, and this time around had set a pre-sale estimate of $800,000 to $1.2m. Sotheby’s did not name the purchaser.
Posted December 15 2012 — 7:30 PM EST
- 'Urban Cowboy' remake in the works at FOX
- Aunt Becky is back for 'Fuller House'
- Who wants to have a sleepover in Conan O'Brien's studio?
- Amy Schumer shuts down rumors of a 'Bachelorette' meeting
- Chris Pratt taught his son the Pledge of Allegiance
- Watch 7 awesome minutes of 'Batman: Arkham Knight' gameplay
- Kanye West reaches settlement in 'Bound 2' case