Good Morning America weather anchor Sam Champion married longtime partner Rubem Robierb on Friday afternoon, People reports. The couple met three years ago and were engaged in October. The GMA team sent well wishes on the air to the couple Friday morning and Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer, and Josh Elliot attended the small ceremony. “This is the legal moment that we wanted to celebrate with friends and family and loved ones,” Champion said, noting that there will be a larger wedding party to follow. Champion’s wedding is among the highest-profile same-sex unions to take place in New York since the state legalized same-sex marriage in July 2011.
Posted December 21 2012 — 6:58 PM EST
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?