Good Morning America weather anchor Sam Champion married longtime partner Rubem Robierb on Friday afternoon, People reports. The couple met three years ago and were engaged in October. The GMA team sent well wishes on the air to the couple Friday morning and Robin Roberts, Lara Spencer, and Josh Elliot attended the small ceremony. “This is the legal moment that we wanted to celebrate with friends and family and loved ones,” Champion said, noting that there will be a larger wedding party to follow. Champion’s wedding is among the highest-profile same-sex unions to take place in New York since the state legalized same-sex marriage in July 2011.
Posted December 21 2012 — 6:58 PM EST
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!