We knew that Rebel Wilson could match the wit of more seasoned comics. What we didn’t know was that the Australian actress is capable of a mean cover of ”Turn the Beat Around” — one of her many unforgettable moments in this year’s sharp a cappella comedy Pitch Perfect. ”We filmed in Louisiana for three months, and the first month was a cappella boot camp because all of us had to be singing 10-part harmony,” says the actress, 26. Wilson is realistic about her vocal abilities: ”I don’t think I’m, like, a Celine Dion or a Mariah Carey. I don’t think I could make it on The X Factor. I could maybe fudge my way through it.” But for us, her work in Perfect hit all the right notes.
Posted December 21 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Aretha Franklin blocks Telluride screening of 'Amazing Grace'
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!