We knew that Rebel Wilson could match the wit of more seasoned comics. What we didn’t know was that the Australian actress is capable of a mean cover of ”Turn the Beat Around” — one of her many unforgettable moments in this year’s sharp a cappella comedy Pitch Perfect. ”We filmed in Louisiana for three months, and the first month was a cappella boot camp because all of us had to be singing 10-part harmony,” says the actress, 26. Wilson is realistic about her vocal abilities: ”I don’t think I’m, like, a Celine Dion or a Mariah Carey. I don’t think I could make it on The X Factor. I could maybe fudge my way through it.” But for us, her work in Perfect hit all the right notes.
Posted December 21 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- 'Frozen' musical selects city for world premiere before Broadway
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996