We knew that Rebel Wilson could match the wit of more seasoned comics. What we didn’t know was that the Australian actress is capable of a mean cover of ”Turn the Beat Around” — one of her many unforgettable moments in this year’s sharp a cappella comedy Pitch Perfect. ”We filmed in Louisiana for three months, and the first month was a cappella boot camp because all of us had to be singing 10-part harmony,” says the actress, 26. Wilson is realistic about her vocal abilities: ”I don’t think I’m, like, a Celine Dion or a Mariah Carey. I don’t think I could make it on The X Factor. I could maybe fudge my way through it.” But for us, her work in Perfect hit all the right notes.
Posted December 21 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'