We knew that Rebel Wilson could match the wit of more seasoned comics. What we didn’t know was that the Australian actress is capable of a mean cover of ”Turn the Beat Around” — one of her many unforgettable moments in this year’s sharp a cappella comedy Pitch Perfect. ”We filmed in Louisiana for three months, and the first month was a cappella boot camp because all of us had to be singing 10-part harmony,” says the actress, 26. Wilson is realistic about her vocal abilities: ”I don’t think I’m, like, a Celine Dion or a Mariah Carey. I don’t think I could make it on The X Factor. I could maybe fudge my way through it.” But for us, her work in Perfect hit all the right notes.
Posted December 21 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Netflix renews 'BoJack Horseman,' sets 'Longmire' premiere
- U2 performs 'Two Hearts Beat As One' for the first time in over 25 years
- The story behind new Dr. Seuss book, 'What Pet Should I Get?'
- Jewel announces new album
- Vicious Brothers to direct script by writer of 'You're Next,' 'The Guest'
- Check out behind-the-scenes footage from 'Bad Blood' music video
- New Spider-Man comic will focus on young Peter Parker
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!