We knew that Rebel Wilson could match the wit of more seasoned comics. What we didn’t know was that the Australian actress is capable of a mean cover of ”Turn the Beat Around” — one of her many unforgettable moments in this year’s sharp a cappella comedy Pitch Perfect. ”We filmed in Louisiana for three months, and the first month was a cappella boot camp because all of us had to be singing 10-part harmony,” says the actress, 26. Wilson is realistic about her vocal abilities: ”I don’t think I’m, like, a Celine Dion or a Mariah Carey. I don’t think I could make it on The X Factor. I could maybe fudge my way through it.” But for us, her work in Perfect hit all the right notes.
Posted December 21 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'
- WATCH: 'Prison Break' star Wentworth Miller on escaping... again
- Keegan-Michael Key, 'Serial' host Sarah Keonig to guest on 'Son of Zorn'