Carrie White in her prom dress, streaked with blood: It’s one of those indelible cinematic images that are harder to scrub from your mind than, well, blood from a prom dress. Sissy Spacek played the bullied telekinetic schoolgirl in the1976 film adaptation of Stephen King’s debut novel, but in director Kimberly Peirce’s modernized, more character-focused remake the role belongs to Chloë Grace Moretz. The young actress has previously played girls dangerous beyond their years in films like Kick-Ass and Let Me In, but never one as tragic as Carrie, whose tormentors include a religious mother (Julianne Moore) and the cruel high schoolers who douse her in blood. ”We only have, like, four chances to get it right,” Moretz says of the infamous scene. ”Because that stuff stains your hair.”
'CARRIE'-ING ON THE TRADITION Chloe Moretz reprises the title role of this classic film (Michael Gibson)
Posted December 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!