Carrie White in her prom dress, streaked with blood: It’s one of those indelible cinematic images that are harder to scrub from your mind than, well, blood from a prom dress. Sissy Spacek played the bullied telekinetic schoolgirl in the1976 film adaptation of Stephen King’s debut novel, but in director Kimberly Peirce’s modernized, more character-focused remake the role belongs to Chloë Grace Moretz. The young actress has previously played girls dangerous beyond their years in films like Kick-Ass and Let Me In, but never one as tragic as Carrie, whose tormentors include a religious mother (Julianne Moore) and the cruel high schoolers who douse her in blood. ”We only have, like, four chances to get it right,” Moretz says of the infamous scene. ”Because that stuff stains your hair.”
'CARRIE'-ING ON THE TRADITION Chloe Moretz reprises the title role of this classic film (Michael Gibson)
Posted December 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Nicole Scherzinger lose her mind over some 'freak of nature' magic
- 'You're the Worst' snags Echo Kellum in season 2
- President Obama documents his 'Running Wild' trip with Bear Grylls in selfies
- 'Are You The One?' season 3 trailer: See the new twist in action
- Theo Rossi joins 'Luke Cage' cast, Rosario Dawson will return as Claire Temple
- Garbage to reissue 20th anniversary edition of their debut album
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Bill Hader, and Jason Sudeikis to guest on 'Billy on the Street'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!