Carrie White in her prom dress, streaked with blood: It’s one of those indelible cinematic images that are harder to scrub from your mind than, well, blood from a prom dress. Sissy Spacek played the bullied telekinetic schoolgirl in the1976 film adaptation of Stephen King’s debut novel, but in director Kimberly Peirce’s modernized, more character-focused remake the role belongs to Chloë Grace Moretz. The young actress has previously played girls dangerous beyond their years in films like Kick-Ass and Let Me In, but never one as tragic as Carrie, whose tormentors include a religious mother (Julianne Moore) and the cruel high schoolers who douse her in blood. ”We only have, like, four chances to get it right,” Moretz says of the infamous scene. ”Because that stuff stains your hair.”
'CARRIE'-ING ON THE TRADITION Chloe Moretz reprises the title role of this classic film (Michael Gibson)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- iLoveMakonnen drops new mixtape 'Drink More Water 5'
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' player Shirin tells all
- 'Empire' is TV's hottest new hit. So how does it stay on top?
- Jay Z on epic Tidal rlaunch: 'We're in this for the right reasons'
- Marilynne Robinson expanding Gilead trilogy: 'People should be prepared to say 'quartet''
- Our perfect 'The Wiz' cast features Broadway stars and Crazy Eyes
- Rolling Stones to tour U.S., reissue 'Sticky Fingers'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!