Melissa McCarthy re-teams up with her Bridesmaids director Paul Feig for her second buddy comedy of the year. She plays a tough as nails Boston bad cop to Sandra Bullock’s by-the-book good cop. Hilarity ensues when McCarthy’s force-of-nature detective and Bullock’s one-woman police force of FBI agent are forced to partner up to bust a drug lord. The R-rated action-comedy hopes to prove once and for all that anything men can do, women can do better. ”I wanted it to be kind of groundbreaking in that way because I feel like so much stuff for women always has to have, ‘Okay, we have to have some nod to the ladies,’ Feig told EW's Jeff Labrecque. ”Nah, nobody is desperately trying to find a boyfriend or is upset about this or that. It’s cool to play two women characters who are just great at what they do; them being women doesn’t affect anything really other than that these are two funny women.”
PACKING 'HEAT' Sandra Bullock teams up with Melissa McCarthy to fight crime in The Heat (20th Century Fox)
Posted December 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday