Melissa McCarthy re-teams up with her Bridesmaids director Paul Feig for her second buddy comedy of the year. She plays a tough as nails Boston bad cop to Sandra Bullock’s by-the-book good cop. Hilarity ensues when McCarthy’s force-of-nature detective and Bullock’s one-woman police force of FBI agent are forced to partner up to bust a drug lord. The R-rated action-comedy hopes to prove once and for all that anything men can do, women can do better. ”I wanted it to be kind of groundbreaking in that way because I feel like so much stuff for women always has to have, ‘Okay, we have to have some nod to the ladies,’ Feig told EW's Jeff Labrecque. ”Nah, nobody is desperately trying to find a boyfriend or is upset about this or that. It’s cool to play two women characters who are just great at what they do; them being women doesn’t affect anything really other than that these are two funny women.”
PACKING 'HEAT' Sandra Bullock teams up with Melissa McCarthy to fight crime in The Heat (20th Century Fox)
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our exclusive audience with the queen of second chances
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!