Melissa McCarthy re-teams up with her Bridesmaids director Paul Feig for her second buddy comedy of the year. She plays a tough as nails Boston bad cop to Sandra Bullock’s by-the-book good cop. Hilarity ensues when McCarthy’s force-of-nature detective and Bullock’s one-woman police force of FBI agent are forced to partner up to bust a drug lord. The R-rated action-comedy hopes to prove once and for all that anything men can do, women can do better. ”I wanted it to be kind of groundbreaking in that way because I feel like so much stuff for women always has to have, ‘Okay, we have to have some nod to the ladies,’ Feig told EW's Jeff Labrecque. ”Nah, nobody is desperately trying to find a boyfriend or is upset about this or that. It’s cool to play two women characters who are just great at what they do; them being women doesn’t affect anything really other than that these are two funny women.”
PACKING 'HEAT' Sandra Bullock teams up with Melissa McCarthy to fight crime in The Heat (20th Century Fox)
Posted December 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- What to Watch Wednesday: 'Maron' goes to rehab
- Russell Crowe in talks for Dr. Jekyll-type turn in 'The Mummy'
- Jacob Tremblay bids for 'Star Wars: Episode IX' role on Twitter
- Wiz Khalifa says Snoop Dogg tour is ‘one of the things we smoked up'
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington getting shorter hair (and a man bun)
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' titles could change: Russo brothers
- Yasiin Bey cancels shows amid legal complications