Melissa McCarthy re-teams up with her Bridesmaids director Paul Feig for her second buddy comedy of the year. She plays a tough as nails Boston bad cop to Sandra Bullock’s by-the-book good cop. Hilarity ensues when McCarthy’s force-of-nature detective and Bullock’s one-woman police force of FBI agent are forced to partner up to bust a drug lord. The R-rated action-comedy hopes to prove once and for all that anything men can do, women can do better. ”I wanted it to be kind of groundbreaking in that way because I feel like so much stuff for women always has to have, ‘Okay, we have to have some nod to the ladies,’ Feig told EW's Jeff Labrecque. ”Nah, nobody is desperately trying to find a boyfriend or is upset about this or that. It’s cool to play two women characters who are just great at what they do; them being women doesn’t affect anything really other than that these are two funny women.”
PACKING 'HEAT' Sandra Bullock teams up with Melissa McCarthy to fight crime in The Heat (20th Century Fox)
Posted December 23 2012 — 12:00 AM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!