Looking to get the most bang for your buck when casting a would-be blockbuster? Consider Natalie Portman or Kristen Stewart, the two top actors on Forbes’s new list of the stars that offer Hollywood the best return on investment.
The magazine estimates that Oscar winner Portman returned $42.70 for every dollar she was paid for her last three starring roles in Black Swan, No Strings Attached, and Your Highness. Black Swan is the main reason Portman won such high placement on the list; the 2010 film grossed a healthy $330 million on an estimated budget of $13 million. By contrast, Forbes Most Overpaid Actor Eddie Murphy earned just $2.30 for every salary dollar he received over the last three years.
Twilight franchise star Kristen Stewart earned the list’s No. 2 spot, thanks to both the series’s last two flicks and Snow White and the Huntsman (a hit that grossed $400 million on a budget of about $170 million). Interestingly enough, Forbes also named Stewart Hollywood’s highest-paid actress this summer, thanks mostly to her $25 million Breaking Dawn payday. Stewart’s co-stars Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner made the list as well, although their non-Twilight projects haven’t earned as much as Stewart’s; the vamp snagged the No. 4 spot, while the wolf nabbed sixth place.
Here’s the full top 10 list:
1. Natalie Portman – Returns $42.70 for every $1 paid
2. Kristen Stewart – Returns $40.60 for every $1 paid
3. Shia LaBeouf – Returns $35.80 for every $1 paid
4. Robert Pattinson – Returns $31.70 for every $1 paid
5. Daniel Radcliffe – Returns $30.50 for every $1 paid
6. Taylor Lautner – Returns $29.50 for every $1 paid
7. Bradley Cooper – Returns $25 for every $1 paid
8. Dwayne Johnson – Returns $22.70 for every $1 paid
9. Amy Adams – Returns $22.60 for every $1 paid
10. Kevin James – Returns $22.40 for every $1 paid