Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph Hart the doorman on all 11 seasons of The Jeffersons, has died at age 89 from complications following a fall in his Burbank home in late November, his manager said in a statement provided to EW Tuesday. Wertimer got his start in the ’60s – acting on Broadway and in the puppet series The Shari Lewis Show – before moving to L.A. His last on-screen appearance was as a pirate in 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Posted January 8 2013 — 7:17 PM EST
- 'Outlander' is becoming a war story, explains showrunner
- James Bond: Sam Mendes thinks 'it's time for somebody else' to direct
- Tom Hardy chats with Princes William and Harry at charity polo tournament
- 'Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?' trailer: James Franco's re-'vamp'
- Melissa McCarthy to 'Ghostbusters' haters: 'I hope they find a friend'
- Zac Efron shares 'High School Musical' throwback cast photo
- What is Essex Corp? 'X-Men: Apocalypse' post-credits scene explained
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers