Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph Hart the doorman on all 11 seasons of The Jeffersons, has died at age 89 from complications following a fall in his Burbank home in late November, his manager said in a statement provided to EW Tuesday. Wertimer got his start in the ’60s – acting on Broadway and in the puppet series The Shari Lewis Show – before moving to L.A. His last on-screen appearance was as a pirate in 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Posted January 8 2013 — 7:17 PM EST
- Hear an exclusive Deer Tick song from upcoming Amazon Music playlist
- Farm Aid 30th anniversary show to feature new stars
- Mike Huckabee's holocaust comment leaves Jon Stewart speechless
- Jimmy Kimmel makes 'Bachelorette' couple promise to never break up
- New Order shares first new track in a decade
- Robert De Niro to direct 'A Bronx Tale' musical
- Larry Wilmore slams Bill Cosby's defense strategy
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!