Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph Hart the doorman on all 11 seasons of The Jeffersons, has died at age 89 from complications following a fall in his Burbank home in late November, his manager said in a statement provided to EW Tuesday. Wertimer got his start in the ’60s – acting on Broadway and in the puppet series The Shari Lewis Show – before moving to L.A. His last on-screen appearance was as a pirate in 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Posted January 8 2013 — 7:17 PM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...