Ned Wertimer, best known for his role as Ralph Hart the doorman on all 11 seasons of The Jeffersons, has died at age 89 from complications following a fall in his Burbank home in late November, his manager said in a statement provided to EW Tuesday. Wertimer got his start in the ’60s – acting on Broadway and in the puppet series The Shari Lewis Show – before moving to L.A. His last on-screen appearance was as a pirate in 2007’s Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Justified' postmortem: Jere Burns talks about Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' season 2 premiere react: The show's best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' finale: Saying goodbye to the cul-de-sac crew
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!