Grizzled former Marine sniper Bob Lee Swagger tackles the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories — the 1963 Kennedy assassination — in his latest adventure. Hunter’s reliance on film references and clichés has left Swagger a rather dull boy — comparing him to Clint Eastwood and John Wayne passes for detail — but the author’s obsessive attention to the events of Nov. 22 yields a stunningly plausible theory that will have readers holding the book in one hand and Googling satellite photos of Dealey Plaza and the Texas School Book Depository with the other. Fans of the Swagger series will revel in the ghosts from 1992’s Point of Impact that reemerge in Dallas, plus a rogue CIA agent who brings us face-to-face with Lee Harvey Oswald. Swagger keeps complaining he’s ”too old for this s—,” but if this is his last ride, he goes out with a bang. B
The Third BulletGrizzled former Marine sniper Bob Lee Swagger tackles the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories — the 1963 Kennedy assassination — in his...The Third BulletMystery and ThrillerStephen HunterGrizzled former Marine sniper Bob Lee Swagger tackles the granddaddy of all conspiracy theories — the 1963 Kennedy assassination — in his...2013-01-09Simon & Schuster
THE THIRD BULLET Stephen Hunter
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Stephen Hunter; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!