1. David Letterman tells Oprah Winfrey that Jay Leno is ”the funniest guy I’ve ever known” and also ”maybe the most insecure person I have ever known”
”Hey! That second part seems pretty unfair, Dave!” said a voice sounding like Leno’s coming from inside the air vent above the studio where Oprah and Dave were taping.
2. Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence teaming up for potential sitcom
3. Reporter declines to say N-word despite Samuel L. Jackson’s repeated requests during interview about Django Unchained
”Requests” may not be entirely accurate. I think Sam’s exact words were: ”N-word, motherf—er! Do you speak it???”
4. Lady Gaga offering free preshow counseling to concertgoers
Meanwhile, cities hosting Nickelback concerts continue to offer it postshow.
5. Video of Twilight werewolf Bronson Pelletier urinating at LAX departure gate goes viral
Pelletier apologized for the embarrassing lapse in judgment, saying he should have gone in the spot clearly marked ”Arrivals.”
6. OWN greenlights Dogfellas, reality series about former Mafia street enforcer who owns Brooklyn’s top dog-grooming salon
The shoot hasn’t been without controversy: Hours after a back-alley meeting with NYPD’s K-9 unit, a rat terrier mysteriously disappeared from the salon.
7. Ex–Louisiana governor who spent eight years in prison and his 51-years-younger wife to star on A&E reality show
Buckwild doesn’t seem so bad now, does it?
8. Men in Black 3 was 2012 film containing most factual and continuity errors with 63, according to Moviemistakes.com
Battleship had only one, listed as ”Just the whole thing.”
9. Kickstarter announces that $100 million has been pledged to various film projects on its site
Although, to be fair, $95 million of it is earmarked for crowdsourcing a better Transformers movie.