Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Saturday Night Live cohorts Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig showed up at this year’s Golden Globes to turn the Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy into a Weekend Update-style sketch comedy bit. Essentially repurposing her and Fred Armisen’s purposefully terrible improvisation as unprepared singers Garth and Kat, Wiig joined Ferrell to stumble hilariously through each nominated film pretending to know what each was about. Naturally, some titles (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen) were a little more helpful than others (Quartet). Check it out below:
Posted January 13 2013 — 10:09 PM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!