Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Saturday Night Live cohorts Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig showed up at this year’s Golden Globes to turn the Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy into a Weekend Update-style sketch comedy bit. Essentially repurposing her and Fred Armisen’s purposefully terrible improvisation as unprepared singers Garth and Kat, Wiig joined Ferrell to stumble hilariously through each nominated film pretending to know what each was about. Naturally, some titles (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen) were a little more helpful than others (Quartet). Check it out below:
Posted January 13 2013 — 10:09 PM EST
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'