Tina Fey and Amy Poehler’s Saturday Night Live cohorts Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig showed up at this year’s Golden Globes to turn the Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy into a Weekend Update-style sketch comedy bit. Essentially repurposing her and Fred Armisen’s purposefully terrible improvisation as unprepared singers Garth and Kat, Wiig joined Ferrell to stumble hilariously through each nominated film pretending to know what each was about. Naturally, some titles (Salmon Fishing in the Yemen) were a little more helpful than others (Quartet). Check it out below:
Posted January 13 2013 — 10:09 PM EST
- Watch your emotions get dramatic in 'Inside Out' and 'Inception' mashup trailer
- 'Doctor Who' stars lend voices to 'Lego Dimensions' game
- Exclusive: Catch up on 'Rectify' with a 'Serial'-inspired podcast
- Let's rewatch the eerie first trailer for Amazon's 'The Man in the High Castle'
- U2 releases trailer for short film starring Woody Harrelson
- Mignolaverse and 'Hellboy' welcome iZombie co-creator Chris Roberson
- 5 reasons Gal Gadot is a woman who kicks ass
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!