Infatuation can scramble your senses. No one understood this better than Belle de Jour director Luis Buñuel, whose dreamlike final film, That Obscure Object of Desire, is now out on a radiant, rich Blu-ray. The French Connection?s Fernando Rey stars as a wealthy French widower who falls madly in love with his young Spanish maid. He?s so smitten, in fact, that he doesn?t notice that she?s played by two different actresses (Carole Bouquet and Ángela Molina). One teases him, one tortures him, both turn him into a sexually frustrated wreck. Sure, it?s a stunt. But it?s an effective one. A?
THAT OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE Carole Bouquet and Fernando Rey (Everett Collection)
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Carole Bouquet, Angela Molina, Fernando Rey; Director: Luis Bunuel; Author: Luis Bunuel, Jean-Claude Carriere; Producer (group): Les Films Galaxie, Greenwich Film Productions, Incine; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: First Artists
Posted January 18 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince pulls discography from Spotify, Apple Music and more
- Miss USA headed to Reelz after being dumped by NBC
- 'Terminator Genisys' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Rihanna's 'Bitch Better Have My Money' video is bonkers--and totally NSFW
- 'Sesame Street's' Maria is departing after more than 40 years
- Casting Net: Michael Ian Black and Missi Pyle sign on for 'Slash'
- Blood Orange releases Charleston-influenced song 'Do You See My Skin Through The Flames?'