Infatuation can scramble your senses. No one understood this better than Belle de Jour director Luis Buñuel, whose dreamlike final film, That Obscure Object of Desire, is now out on a radiant, rich Blu-ray. The French Connection?s Fernando Rey stars as a wealthy French widower who falls madly in love with his young Spanish maid. He?s so smitten, in fact, that he doesn?t notice that she?s played by two different actresses (Carole Bouquet and Ángela Molina). One teases him, one tortures him, both turn him into a sexually frustrated wreck. Sure, it?s a stunt. But it?s an effective one. A?
THAT OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE Carole Bouquet and Fernando Rey (Everett Collection)
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Carole Bouquet, Angela Molina, Fernando Rey; Director: Luis Bunuel; Author: Luis Bunuel, Jean-Claude Carriere; Producer (group): Les Films Galaxie, Greenwich Film Productions, Incine; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: First Artists
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- Justin Timberlake thanks mom, wife, and everyone who called him 'different' accepting iHeart Radio's Innovator Award
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!