Infatuation can scramble your senses. No one understood this better than Belle de Jour director Luis Buñuel, whose dreamlike final film, That Obscure Object of Desire, is now out on a radiant, rich Blu-ray. The French Connection?s Fernando Rey stars as a wealthy French widower who falls madly in love with his young Spanish maid. He?s so smitten, in fact, that he doesn?t notice that she?s played by two different actresses (Carole Bouquet and Ángela Molina). One teases him, one tortures him, both turn him into a sexually frustrated wreck. Sure, it?s a stunt. But it?s an effective one. A?
THAT OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE Carole Bouquet and Fernando Rey (Everett Collection)
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Carole Bouquet, Angela Molina, Fernando Rey; Director: Luis Bunuel; Author: Luis Bunuel, Jean-Claude Carriere; Producer (group): Les Films Galaxie, Greenwich Film Productions, Incine; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: First Artists
Posted January 18 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Son of Zorn' cast explains how they mix animation and live action
- 'Grimm' costars David Giuntoli and Bitsie Tulloch are engaged
- WATCH: How 'The Walking Dead' is like a Twinkie
- WATCH: 'Dirk Gently' compared to 'Supernatural,' 'Sherlock,' 'Doctor Who'
- 'Star Trek' series title revealed
- Gerard Way recalls being 'really scared' to pitch 'Doom Patrol' ideas
- WATCH: 'The Last Man on Earth' cast tease the secrets of season 3