Infatuation can scramble your senses. No one understood this better than Belle de Jour director Luis Buñuel, whose dreamlike final film, That Obscure Object of Desire, is now out on a radiant, rich Blu-ray. The French Connection?s Fernando Rey stars as a wealthy French widower who falls madly in love with his young Spanish maid. He?s so smitten, in fact, that he doesn?t notice that she?s played by two different actresses (Carole Bouquet and Ángela Molina). One teases him, one tortures him, both turn him into a sexually frustrated wreck. Sure, it?s a stunt. But it?s an effective one. A?
THAT OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE Carole Bouquet and Fernando Rey (Everett Collection)
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Carole Bouquet, Angela Molina, Fernando Rey; Director: Luis Bunuel; Author: Luis Bunuel, Jean-Claude Carriere; Producer (group): Les Films Galaxie, Greenwich Film Productions, Incine; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: First Artists
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!