Infatuation can scramble your senses. No one understood this better than Belle de Jour director Luis Buñuel, whose dreamlike final film, That Obscure Object of Desire, is now out on a radiant, rich Blu-ray. The French Connection?s Fernando Rey stars as a wealthy French widower who falls madly in love with his young Spanish maid. He?s so smitten, in fact, that he doesn?t notice that she?s played by two different actresses (Carole Bouquet and Ángela Molina). One teases him, one tortures him, both turn him into a sexually frustrated wreck. Sure, it?s a stunt. But it?s an effective one. A?
THAT OBSCURE OBJECT OF DESIRE Carole Bouquet and Fernando Rey (Everett Collection)
Genre: Drama, Foreign Language; Starring: Carole Bouquet, Angela Molina, Fernando Rey; Director: Luis Bunuel; Author: Luis Bunuel, Jean-Claude Carriere; Producer (group): Les Films Galaxie, Greenwich Film Productions, Incine; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: First Artists
Posted January 18 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt