The rapper and actor Common has become a highly skilled screen star, but this touchy-feely dud does him wrong. In LUV, he plays Vincent, a newly paroled convict who wants to open a Baltimore clam shack. The first sign that something is off in the movie is when Vincent decides to give his kid nephew (Michael Rainey Jr.) a lesson in thug life. The second sign is that the director, Sheldon Candis, can’t decide if that’s a good thing. No wonder every scene wobbles around. C-
LUV Danny Glover and Common (William Gray)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Common, Danny Glover, Michael Rainey Jr.; Director: Sheldon Candis; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Indomina Releasing
Posted January 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!