The rapper and actor Common has become a highly skilled screen star, but this touchy-feely dud does him wrong. In LUV, he plays Vincent, a newly paroled convict who wants to open a Baltimore clam shack. The first sign that something is off in the movie is when Vincent decides to give his kid nephew (Michael Rainey Jr.) a lesson in thug life. The second sign is that the director, Sheldon Candis, can’t decide if that’s a good thing. No wonder every scene wobbles around. C-
LUV Danny Glover and Common (William Gray)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Common, Danny Glover, Michael Rainey Jr.; Director: Sheldon Candis; Release Date Limited: 01/18/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Indomina Releasing
Posted January 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!