The rapper and actor Common has become a highly skilled screen star, but this touchy-feely dud does him wrong. In LUV, he plays Vincent, a newly paroled convict who wants to open a Baltimore clam shack. The first sign that something is off in the movie is when Vincent decides to give his kid nephew (Michael Rainey Jr.) a lesson in thug life. The second sign is that the director, Sheldon Candis, can’t decide if that’s a good thing. No wonder every scene wobbles around. C-
LUV Danny Glover and Common (William Gray)
Genre: Drama; Starring: Common, Danny Glover, Michael Rainey Jr.; Director: Sheldon Candis; Release Date Limited: 01/18/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Indomina Releasing
Posted January 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- SXSW 2016 Midnighters include 'Hush,' 'Pet,' remastered 'Phantasm'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Cabin Fever' remake director promises gore aplenty
- Scott Pilgrim complains about everything in 'Scott Pilgrim' honest trailer
- See Teresa Giudice's reunion with her family after her release from prison
- Pentatonix announce 2016 world tour dates
- 'Finding Dory' plays hide-and-seek in four new posters
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See 'Arrow' star Colton Haynes on 'The Grinder'