People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Posted January 21 2013 — 11:09 AM EST
- EW recommends: Bieber, baseball, and Broadway
- Syfy to honor Leonard Nimoy Sunday
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series
- 'Game of Thrones' new poster: Tyrion and the dragon
- Zachary Quinto: Nimoy 'like family to me'
- See Lena Dunham in the trailer for HBO's 'It's Me, Hilary: The Man Who Drew Eloise'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' more fresh TV spoilers