People reports that veteran journalist Barbara Walters was hospitalized on Saturday night, after falling on steps during a pre-inauguration party at the British Ambassador’s residence. The 83-year-old Walters cut her forehead and was taken to a hospital immediately. She appeared in good spirits after the fall, but a spokesman for ABC tells EW that Walters remains in the hospital under observation. As a result, Walters will not be able to contribute as planned to ABC News’ inauguration coverage.
Posted January 21 2013 — 11:09 AM EST
- 'Westworld' launches AI chatbot, this was our conversation
- Michael Shannon joins Benedict Cumberbatch in 'The Current War'
- 'Wonder Woman' comic writer confirms Diana is queer
- Tom Cruise packs punches in new 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' trailer
- Hear The Chainsmokers' mellow new song featuring Phoebe Ryan
- Allison Williams shares emotional goodbye to 'Girls' and Lena Dunham
- 'Hamilton' star Leslie Odom, Jr. to release holiday album