David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn’s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery – about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance – was one of 2012’s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
(Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images)
Posted January 18 2015 — 3:37 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!