David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn’s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery – about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance – was one of 2012’s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
(Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images)
Posted January 22 2013 — 5:32 PM EST
- Adele adds two more shows to '25' tour
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' cast plays two truths and a lie
- 'Guardians Vol. 2': James Gunn shares first look at the Ravagers
- 'One Tree Hill' cast sings theme song at karaoke-filled reunion
- 'SNL' alum Mike O'Brien opens up about cancer scare
- Lena Dunham, 'OITNB' stars support Hillary Clinton in new video
- Wale throws a pool party at a mansion in new 'My PYT' music video
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'