David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn’s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery – about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance – was one of 2012’s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
(Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images)
Posted January 22 2013 — 5:32 PM EST
- Cannes 2015: Jacques Audiard's 'Dheepan' wins the Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Kelly Rutherford gets sole custody of kids
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!