David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn’s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery – about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance – was one of 2012’s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
(Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images)
Posted January 22 2013 — 5:32 PM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'