David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn’s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery – about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance – was one of 2012’s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
(Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images)
Posted January 22 2013 — 5:32 PM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony