David Fincher, the man behind creepy procedurals Zodiac and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, might be turning his camera toward Gillian Flynn’s blockbuster 2012 novel Gone Girl. According to Variety, the director is in early talks to tackle the project, which is being produced by Reese Witherspoon (no word yet on whether she’ll also appear in the film). Flynn’s dark mystery – about a husband dealing with his wife’s sudden disappearance – was one of 2012’s biggest (and best) novels. The author, a former Entertainment Weekly TV critic, is writing the screenplay. If Fincher does end up signing on the timing of the project is unclear, since the director is already reportedly attached to a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea movie and might still take on Girl With the Dragon Tattoo sequel The Girl Who Played With Fire.
(Timothy Hiatt/Getty Images)
Posted January 22 2013 — 5:32 PM EST
- Hear Charlie Puth cover Drake's 'Hotline Bling' with Kehlani
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!