Gwyneth, we love you and your GOOPy ways, and you can rock a mini skirt like nobody’s business. From her cookbooks, to her detoxes, to her behind the scenes looks at getting ready for events, we remain somewhat morbidly curious about what it takes to be, well, Gwyneth Paltrow.
So we’re surprised we were so late to check out Redbook’s interview with Paltrow and her celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson, but we’re glad we did. They talk about sex, detoxing, last meals, and Gwyneth’s “Coke of the Week” tradition with her kids, which is more innocent than it sounds for the children of a movie star and a pop star. Click past the jump to check out the six best quotes from these two insanely fit blondes.
1. An unconventional meeting: With my daughter it had been easier, but this time, no matter what I did, I felt stuck. I couldn’t shift the weight. But I met Tracy and she was this force from the second I met her. She pulled my pants off. I’ll never forget it. She was like, ‘Oh, my God, wow, I just am so surprised, because you look so good in clothes. I wasn’t expecting this.’ -Gwyneth Paltrow
2. Anderson’s thoughts after she pantsed Paltrow: I thought she’d have a supermodel body, because she was so tiny on top. But her butt was long and lifeless, and she held on to weight in her outer thighs. -Tracy Anderson
3. A claim about Paltrow’s excess weight: The media was hard on you, plus you had these 25 pounds that wouldn’t budge. -Tracy Anderson
4. Paltrow’s wish for a last meal: Oysters and cocktail sauce, and then a baked, stuffed lobster and french fries. I would have a baguette and a cheese course for my dessert, and red wine. I drank like crazy [when the kids were babies]. How else could I get through my day? –Gwyneth Paltrow
5. Responding to Paltrow’s claim that this workout makes sex better: I don’t know how many of my butts you’ve seen [laughs]. When you feel your best, you’re more confident in bed. It’s not lights-out, under-the-covers sex. It’s more like, “Take a look at this!” -Tracy Anderson
6. Presented without comment: Oh, good, sweaty vagina. -Gwyneth Paltrow