Posted January 30 2013 — 11:00 AM EST
Fox is hoping Justified Executive Producer Graham Yost can make some drama on a U.S. aircraft carrier.
The network has ordered Wild Blue, a drama from Yost and EP Mark Johnson that focuses on the 6,000 men and women who serve on the carrier. The pilot, written by Taylor Elmore, is a collision of “ER, The West Wing and Top Gun,” Fox describes. All it needs is a good Kenny Loggins song!
Fox also ordered a pilot from Imagine and 20th Century Fox TV called Gang Related. Penned by Chris Morgan, the pilot that’s similar to The Departed follows a gang member who is sent in to infiltrate the San Francisco Police Department As he rises through the ranks, he must balance his obligations to his crime family with an increasing sense of loyalty to his new “family” - the SFPD’s Gang Task Force.
- 'Empire': Behind the scenes at EW's photo shoot
- Skrillex + Diplo release Jack U debut
- 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett on the power of Jamal's coming-out
- 'Focus' aims to lift box office crown from 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!