Netflix has inked a deal with Queen Latifah’s production company that gives the online service the exclusive opportunity to stream her movies shortly after their theatrical release. Flavor Unit Entertainment, which has produced Latifah’s films since Bringing Down the House as well as Lifetime’s recent Steel Magnolias remake, will debut the thriller, House of Bodies, starring Terrence Howard and Peter Fonda, and Percentage starring Ving Rhames and Macy Gray this spring under the new first-look licensing agreement. “Shakim Compere and I are thrilled to do business with Netflix,” said Latifah, in a statament. “Netflix is such a strong brand and the perfect place to showcase our projects.”
(Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images)
Posted February 5 2013 — 10:46 AM EST
- See 4 never-before-seen images from the illustrated 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'
- 21 things we learned from Lifetime's 'Unauthorized 90210 Story'
- Michael Fassbender 'studied Ashton Kutcher' (not really) for 'Steve Jobs'
- Why Victoria Justice got starstruck at Fashion Week
- Broadway's Cinderella and Prince Hans actor from 'Frozen' tie the knot
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': EW live blog
- Miley Cyrus hosts 'SNL': Play People's unofficial drinking game