Can any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance chaser–turned–legal powerhouse who famously won a class-action suit against an airline. The strains first bubble up during the summer of 1952, when Arthur buys a summer home on Cape Cod. There, 17-year-old Hilly befriends the African-American caretaker — and his attractive niece. Nadler is a gifted storyteller, but his clever final-page revelation feels too gimmicky for a yarn that spans six decades and tackles ambitious themes like race and class in post-WWII America. B
Wise MenCan any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance...Wise MenFictionStuart NadlerCan any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance...2013-02-08Reagan Arthur Books
Genre: Fiction; Author: Stuart Nadler; Publisher: Reagan Arthur Books
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple teases NEXT season
- 'Walking Dead' season finale: Our quick take on 'Conquer'--and yours?
- Justin Timberlake accepts iHeart Radio Innovator Award, recalls when 'they called me weird'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead': First promo's here
- 'Once Upon a Time': Inside ID of Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards winners are...
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!