Can any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance chaser–turned–legal powerhouse who famously won a class-action suit against an airline. The strains first bubble up during the summer of 1952, when Arthur buys a summer home on Cape Cod. There, 17-year-old Hilly befriends the African-American caretaker — and his attractive niece. Nadler is a gifted storyteller, but his clever final-page revelation feels too gimmicky for a yarn that spans six decades and tackles ambitious themes like race and class in post-WWII America. B
Wise MenCan any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance...Wise MenFictionStuart NadlerCan any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance...2013-02-08Reagan Arthur Books
Genre: Fiction; Author: Stuart Nadler; Publisher: Reagan Arthur Books
Posted February 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Get haunted by trailer for 'The Listing'
- President Bill Clinton to appear on 'StarTalk' season 2 premiere
- Graceland sneak peek: Paige is going undercover with the Sarkissians
- Joffrey comments on violence against women on 'Game of Thrones'
- Zayn Malik signs with RCA, says he 'left' 1D to 'show you who I really am'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!