Can any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance chaser–turned–legal powerhouse who famously won a class-action suit against an airline. The strains first bubble up during the summer of 1952, when Arthur buys a summer home on Cape Cod. There, 17-year-old Hilly befriends the African-American caretaker — and his attractive niece. Nadler is a gifted storyteller, but his clever final-page revelation feels too gimmicky for a yarn that spans six decades and tackles ambitious themes like race and class in post-WWII America. B
Wise MenCan any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance...Wise MenFictionStuart NadlerCan any man truly know his father? In Wise Men, inscrutability remains a constant between Hilly Wise and his dad, Arthur, an ambulance...2013-02-08Reagan Arthur Books
Genre: Fiction; Author: Stuart Nadler; Publisher: Reagan Arthur Books
Posted February 8 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- Watch out, Frank and Claire: Neve Campbell joins 'House of Cards'
- Taylor Towsend will play Julie Cooper in 'The O.C. Musical'
- The wedding is over for It Shoulda Been You on Broadway
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!