When Jack Gray turned down a producing job for Glenn Beck in favor of Anderson Cooper 360°, he was inadvertently deciding what kind of book he’d eventually write. He chose wisely. In this slight but addictive collection of funny essays, Pigeon in a Crosswalk, Gray chronicles his journey from a local news station in Boston to CNN greenrooms, gleefully dropping names from Hollywood and D.C. along the way. Even amid the celebrity dish, Gray emerges as the most compelling character throughout. Whether he’s talking about doughnut binges with Kathy Griffin, giggle attacks at Anderson Cooper’s vacation home, a run-in with the ”self-important and difficult” Barney Frank, or the many virtues of The Golden Girls, Gray’s insight and snarky, self-effacing humor make him someone you’d want at any dinner party. B+
Pigeon in a CrosswalkWhen Jack Gray turned down a producing job for Glenn Beck in favor of Anderson Cooper 360°, he was inadvertently deciding what kind of book...Pigeon in a CrosswalkMemoirJack GrayWhen Jack Gray turned down a producing job for Glenn Beck in favor of Anderson Cooper 360°, he was inadvertently deciding what kind of book...2013-02-15Simon & Schuster
Genre: Memoir; Author: Jack Gray; Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Posted February 15 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' star Lauren Cohan says season 6 is 'suffocating'
- How realistic was that 'Breaking Bad' machine gun scene?
- Fifth Harmony rock out in a haunted hotel in 'I'm in Love With a Monster' video
- 'Bones' taps Betty White as new squintern
- Angelina Jolie Pitt's 'By the Sea' will open AFI Fest
- George R. R. Martin says Stannis is still alive — in the books
- Michelle Pfeiffer to play Bernie Madoff's wife in HBO's 'Wizard of Lies'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!