Like the series itself, these T Bone Burnett-assisted songs from the ABC drama are sneakily addictive. The Civil Wars and Elvis Costello, writers of the Nashville Soundtrack’s best stuff, definitely deserve their due. Still, it’s a wonder that a crew of actors can pull off such convincing country collaborations: Clare Bowen has a winningly sweet warble, and Hayden Panettiere is as pop-sleek as any CMA-certified crossover star. You don’t have to like Nashville, or even Nashville, to get into it — you just have to listen. A-
NASHVILLE SOUNDTRACK Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere (CHRIS HOLLO/ABC)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Music Label: Big Machine
Posted February 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See Game of Thrones fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!