Like the series itself, these T Bone Burnett-assisted songs from the ABC drama are sneakily addictive. The Civil Wars and Elvis Costello, writers of the Nashville Soundtrack’s best stuff, definitely deserve their due. Still, it’s a wonder that a crew of actors can pull off such convincing country collaborations: Clare Bowen has a winningly sweet warble, and Hayden Panettiere is as pop-sleek as any CMA-certified crossover star. You don’t have to like Nashville, or even Nashville, to get into it — you just have to listen. A-
NASHVILLE SOUNDTRACK Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere (CHRIS HOLLO/ABC)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Music Label: Big Machine
Posted February 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amanda Peet says Jon Snow's death ended her marriage (she's kidding)
- Meghan Trainor posts update on vocal surgery recovery
- This Week's Cover: Shonda Rhimes and her leading ladies
- Former MythBusters test out Formula race car in 'Thrill Factor' clip
- Justin Bieber and Questlove have intense drum battle on 'Tonight Show'
- All the ways this has been the summer of Dave Grohl
- Justin Bieber wants Tyler Perry to play him in a TV show about his life
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!