Like the series itself, these T Bone Burnett-assisted songs from the ABC drama are sneakily addictive. The Civil Wars and Elvis Costello, writers of the Nashville Soundtrack’s best stuff, definitely deserve their due. Still, it’s a wonder that a crew of actors can pull off such convincing country collaborations: Clare Bowen has a winningly sweet warble, and Hayden Panettiere is as pop-sleek as any CMA-certified crossover star. You don’t have to like Nashville, or even Nashville, to get into it — you just have to listen. A-
NASHVILLE SOUNDTRACK Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere (CHRIS HOLLO/ABC)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Music Label: Big Machine
Posted February 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kerry Washington developing female police drama at ABC
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor
- Linklater taps Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne for next film
- Chris Brown arrested on suspicion of assault with deadly weapon
- Miley Cyrus' homeless date to 2014 VMAs puts Moonman trophy on eBay