Like the series itself, these T Bone Burnett-assisted songs from the ABC drama are sneakily addictive. The Civil Wars and Elvis Costello, writers of the Nashville Soundtrack’s best stuff, definitely deserve their due. Still, it’s a wonder that a crew of actors can pull off such convincing country collaborations: Clare Bowen has a winningly sweet warble, and Hayden Panettiere is as pop-sleek as any CMA-certified crossover star. You don’t have to like Nashville, or even Nashville, to get into it — you just have to listen. A-
NASHVILLE SOUNDTRACK Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere (CHRIS HOLLO/ABC)
Genre: Soundtracks; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Music Label: Big Machine
Posted February 20 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- What EW staffers are thankful for this year
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'