A mischievous blonde with a questionable hairstyle joins a well-established and beloved series, moves into the family home, and…hmmm, this is starting to feel very familiar. Yes, the Cousin Oliver alarm went off for many public-television watchers last week when, in the season finale of Downton Abbey, we found out Cousin Rose MacClare (Lily James, right), with all of her dancing, rebelling, and mother-hating melodrama, would be moving in with the Crawleys next season. ”Cousin Rose can be pretty irritating,” admits James. ”I hope with the new [season] you see more of who she is and why she’s behaving like that. She’s just sensitive. And how can you survive with a dad called Shrimpy?” Though she won’t divulge any details about season 4, she’s hoping people warm to Rose. ”I’m still really new to all of this,” James says, ”but I’m going to try to focus on the acting and playing it for the truth. Even if it’s an annoying truth.”
Posted February 22 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!