A mischievous blonde with a questionable hairstyle joins a well-established and beloved series, moves into the family home, and…hmmm, this is starting to feel very familiar. Yes, the Cousin Oliver alarm went off for many public-television watchers last week when, in the season finale of Downton Abbey, we found out Cousin Rose MacClare (Lily James, right), with all of her dancing, rebelling, and mother-hating melodrama, would be moving in with the Crawleys next season. ”Cousin Rose can be pretty irritating,” admits James. ”I hope with the new [season] you see more of who she is and why she’s behaving like that. She’s just sensitive. And how can you survive with a dad called Shrimpy?” Though she won’t divulge any details about season 4, she’s hoping people warm to Rose. ”I’m still really new to all of this,” James says, ”but I’m going to try to focus on the acting and playing it for the truth. Even if it’s an annoying truth.”
Posted February 22 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'Fantastic Four' cast says they still haven't seen the film
- Candace Cameron Bure shares new 'Fuller House' photo
- 'Deadpool' red band trailer to officially debut Tuesday on 'Conan'
- Dave Grohl responds in Italian to 1,000 fans who covered ‘Learn to Fly’
- Someone cut together 280 movies for an epic 'Uptown Funk' cover
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!