After posting its best January ratings ever (thanks, Golden Globes and SAGs!), Fashion Police will air its first 90-minute special Feb. 25 for viewers wanting to take a deeper dive into Oscar fashion — or who just want more of Joan Rivers’ biting commentary. ”People tune in to hear what she is going to say,” says cohost Giuliana Rancic. ”Kelly [Osbourne], George [Kotsiopoulos], and I feel like we are part of the viewing audience, hearing it for the first time.” Rancic insists the show — which boasts a ”rate the rack” segment where the hosts weigh in on stars’ assets — is just meant to generate laughs, not insult stars. But she admits the E! hit can influence red-carpet trends. ”I’ve been told by celebrities that when they are working with their stylists, they have Fashion Police in the backs of their minds,” says Rancic. ”No one wants to be on the worst-dressed list. It can be scary.” No kidding.
Posted February 22 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony