Even if there are predictable formulas to Picoult’s books — multiple story lines, family estrangements, twist endings — it doesn’t preclude their power. The Storyteller, which cycles between WWII-era Poland and the present, is narrated by a baker, her Auschwitz-survivor grandmother, a Nazi hunter, and a Polish vampire, among others. Although the to-be-expected romance feels a bit contrived, the more substantial Holocaust scenes are palpable and harrowing. At its heart, Storyteller is about whether anyone has the right to tell someone else’s secrets — and what the emotional cost of forgiveness truly is. B+
The StorytellerEven if there are predictable formulas to Picoult's books — multiple story lines, family estrangements, twist endings — it doesn't preclude...The StorytellerFictionJodi PicoultEven if there are predictable formulas to Picoult's books — multiple story lines, family estrangements, twist endings — it doesn't preclude...2013-02-22Atria
Genre: Fiction; Author: Jodi Picoult; Publisher: Atria
Posted February 22 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!