Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek’s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments – including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” – bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement – Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe – the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane – slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
Posted February 24 2013 — 9:40 PM EST
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' hires a writer
- See a new clip from 'Burnt' with Bradley Cooper and Sienna Miller
- You'll lose your head over this exclusive clip from 'Tales of Halloween'
- 'Inside Amy Schumer,' 'Broad City,' and more faves will stream on Hulu
- Tom Hiddleston explains why Loki was cut from 'Age of Ultron'
- Demi Lovato shares two new 'Confident' music video teasers
- Shane Davis and Michelle Delecki preview new gaming comic 'Axcend'