Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek’s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments – including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” – bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement – Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe – the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane – slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
Posted February 24 2013 — 9:40 PM EST
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!