Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek’s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments – including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” – bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement – Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe – the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane – slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
Posted February 24 2013 — 9:40 PM EST
- Race satire 'Dear White People' is getting a Netflix series
- Fifth Harmony share soaring summer ballad, 'Write on Me'
- 'Last Man on Earth' exclusive clip: Erica went to prison for WHAT?
- Jennifer Lopez goes country on Jennifer Nettles collaboration
- Tilda Swinton: 'I love arousing that rubbery feeling in dreams'
- Box office preview: 'Civil War' set to dethrone 'The Jungle Book'
- Kanye West, Nas team up for French Montana's 'Figure It Out' video