Throughout his Oscars monologue, Seth MacFarlane received “tomorrow’s” headlines from William Shatner (who appeared as Star Trek’s iconic Captain James T. Kirk.) Since some of MacFarlane’s “future” segments – including a sock puppet re-enactment of Flight and his musical number “We Saw Your Boobs” – bombed, Shatner was trying to help the host salvage the show and his reputation. And with every improvement – Charlize Theron and Channing Tatum’s elegant dancing, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Daniel Radcliffe’s song and soft-shoe – the next day’s headlines were kinder to MacFarlane – slightly. By the end, MacFarlane’s future review said “Best Oscars ever, says everyone but Entertainment Weekly.” Thanks for the shout out, Seth!
Posted February 24 2013 — 9:40 PM EST
- 'The Walking Dead': See the first 4 minutes of the midseason premiere
- How Sarah Wayne Callies saved Carol on 'The Walking Dead'
- Samuel L. Jackson circling role in Stephen King's 'Revival'
- Director of R-rated 'Deadpool' is a great big softy: 'I cry easily'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in Amazon-set thriller 'Jungle'
- Tilda Swinton is the woman of the century in 'A Bigger Splash' trailer
- See 'Warcraft,' 'Independence Day' toys ahead of Toy Fair 2016
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday