In defeated Germany at the wretched end of World War II, the title character and her younger siblings are left to fend for themselves by their Nazi parents. This striking, slow-building drama from Cate Shortland (Somersault) uses fractured, impressionistic imagery as a mirror of moral dislocation as the children make their way through an unfamiliar landscape. If everything Lore (Saskia Rosendahl, capturing teen-girl sullenness) has been taught is wrong — about Hitler, about Jews, about the glory of her Vaterland — she might as well be walking on the moon. B+
LORE Nele Trebs, Saskia Rosendahl, Mika Seidel, and Andre Frid (Music Box Films)
Starring: Kai Malina, Saskia Rosendahl; Director: Cate Shortland; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Music Box Films
Posted February 26 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Original Pocahontas voice actress Judy Kuhn sings ‘Colors of the Wind’ in different styles
- Franz Ferdinand and Sparks collaboration, FFS, drops video for 'Call Girl'
- 'Kung Fury' is the most insane, over-the-top '80s action movie you never saw
- There's a lot of dancing in Lil Mama's new video
- Pink Floyd celebrates 50 years of existence with plaque
- Tame Impala releases another video for 'Cause I'm A Man'
- 'Lego Jurassic World' trailer features Lego Chris Pratt and Lego Indominous Rex