You can’t get blood from a stone, but you can get tears from the Rock. In Snitch, Dwayne Johnson contorts his stoic, moai-statue features to express more emotion than usual as a father who infiltrates a drug cartel to save his son from jail time. The film tries to paint in shades of gray with vague criticisms of the war on drugs, but the absurdity of its he-man Everyman plot ends up turning its moral palette a muddy brown. C-
A 'SNITCH' IN TIME Harold Perrineau and Susan Sarandon star alongside Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in Snitch (Steve Dietl)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Susan Sarandon; Director: Ric Roman Waugh; Release Date Wide: 02/22/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted January 17 2015 — 5:04 PM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!