You can’t get blood from a stone, but you can get tears from the Rock. In Snitch, Dwayne Johnson contorts his stoic, moai-statue features to express more emotion than usual as a father who infiltrates a drug cartel to save his son from jail time. The film tries to paint in shades of gray with vague criticisms of the war on drugs, but the absurdity of its he-man Everyman plot ends up turning its moral palette a muddy brown. C-
A 'SNITCH' IN TIME Harold Perrineau and Susan Sarandon star alongside Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in Snitch (Steve Dietl)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Susan Sarandon; Director: Ric Roman Waugh; Release Date Wide: 02/22/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!