You can’t get blood from a stone, but you can get tears from the Rock. In Snitch, Dwayne Johnson contorts his stoic, moai-statue features to express more emotion than usual as a father who infiltrates a drug cartel to save his son from jail time. The film tries to paint in shades of gray with vague criticisms of the war on drugs, but the absurdity of its he-man Everyman plot ends up turning its moral palette a muddy brown. C-
A 'SNITCH' IN TIME Harold Perrineau and Susan Sarandon star alongside Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in Snitch (Steve Dietl)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Dwayne Johnson, Susan Sarandon; Director: Ric Roman Waugh; Release Date Wide: 02/22/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted February 28 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See Game of Thrones fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Taylor Swift is really, really excited for the 'Wildest Dreams' music video debut
- Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart almost joined Taylor Swift on tour
- 'We Are Your Friends' had one of the worst openings in history
- Details on the 'AHS: Hotel' Halloween episodes with Lily Rabe and Darren Criss
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!