• Harrison Ford is set to play another seasoned, Tom Brokaw-esque newscaster, according to a THR report. Thankfully he’ll bring his curmudgeonly charm to Anchorman: The Legend Continues, and not a Morning Glory sequel. Things had been somewhat quiet for Ford since 2011’s Cowboys and Aliens, but he’s been ramping up his on-screen presence lately with roles in the upcoming Jackie Robinson biopic 42 and the highly anticipated Ender’s Game adaptation. [THR]
• EW reported in December that Lenny Kravitz had signed on to star in the Julien Temple-directed Marvin Gaye biopic Sexual Healing, but it seems the tides have changed. Kravitz was reportedly asked to drop out by Gaye’s son, Marvin Gaye III, and Monday it was reported that Law & Order alum Jesse L. Martin would step in to play the music legend. [Deadline]
• Rebecca Hall (The Town) is set to join Johnny Depp and Paul Bettany in Wally Pfister’s Transcendence. Plot details for the project remain elusive, but the press release announcing the casting update specified that principal photography will begin in Los Angeles in April, with an aim towards releasing the film on April 25, 2014. As Christopher Nolan’s longtime DP, Pfister served as the cinematographer on The Prestige, where Hall played a supporting role. Hall can also be seen in the upcoming Iron Man 3.
• Jake Johnson (New Girl) and Damon Wayans, Jr. (Happy Endings) together again! At last! Luke Greenfield (The Girl Next Door) is set to direct the two in Let’s Be Cops, about a pair of friends who get in over their heads when they decide to pretend that they’re cops. Wayans, Jr. appeared in the New Girl pilot alongside Johnson, but left when Happy Endings got picked up for a second season. [Deadline]
• Magic City’s Jeffrey Dean Morgan has joined the cast of Alfonso Poyart’s Solace. He’ll star alongside Anthony Hopkins and Colin Farrell as an FBI agent who recruits Hopkins’ psychic doctor to help track down a serial killer. [THR]
PREVIOUSLY: ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ gets Omar Sy and Halle Berry; Daniel Radcliffe in final talks for ‘Frankenstein’; Tina Fey in talks for Jason Bateman comedy