The Last Exorcism Part II may have an extremely dumb title but that’s not a good reason to avoid it — particularly when there are so many more legitimate excuses not to see this tepid, predictable sequel to the 2010 horror film we’re now renaming The First Last Exorcism. Having eschewed the found-footage format of the original, director Ed Gass-Donnelly makes good-ish use of the movie’s New Orleans location. Ashley Bell is convincingly fretful as the returning exorcisee Nell, who spends much of the film enduring flies, visions of her dead father, and nocturnal backbending (a limber vertebrae has now officially replaced projectile vomiting as the definitive proof of demonic possession). Unfortunately, no one involved seems to have bent over backwards to make the movie either original or even all that scary. C+
THE LAST EXORCISM PART II
Genre: Horror; Starring: Ashley Bell, Spencer Treat Clark; Director: Ed Gass-Donnelly; Release Date Wide: 03/01/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: CBS Films
Posted March 6 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Birth of a Nation' director Nate Parker to appear on '60 Minutes'
- Bon Iver played a surprise concert at Berlin hotel
- 'Empire': Listen to 'Infamous' by Mariah Carey, Jussie Smollett & cast
- Marvel's 'Black Panther' has found another villain
- Brad Pitt takes voluntary drug test for DCFS investigation
- 'Blindspot': Can Jane trust Roman?
- Rob Lowe took over our Instagram story to tour the 'Code Black' set