The Last Exorcism Part II may have an extremely dumb title but that’s not a good reason to avoid it — particularly when there are so many more legitimate excuses not to see this tepid, predictable sequel to the 2010 horror film we’re now renaming The First Last Exorcism. Having eschewed the found-footage format of the original, director Ed Gass-Donnelly makes good-ish use of the movie’s New Orleans location. Ashley Bell is convincingly fretful as the returning exorcisee Nell, who spends much of the film enduring flies, visions of her dead father, and nocturnal backbending (a limber vertebrae has now officially replaced projectile vomiting as the definitive proof of demonic possession). Unfortunately, no one involved seems to have bent over backwards to make the movie either original or even all that scary. C+
THE LAST EXORCISM PART II
Genre: Horror; Starring: Ashley Bell, Spencer Treat Clark; Director: Ed Gass-Donnelly; Release Date Wide: 03/01/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: CBS Films
Posted March 6 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- Now's your chance to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' in IMAX theaters
- Obama to honor Stephen King, Sally Field with National Medals of Arts
- Queen Elizabeth is a huge fan of 'Downton Abbey'
- You can binge all of TNT's new show 'Public Morals' — only on Labor Day weekend
- New 'Batman v Superman' pics show Wonder Woman, the Batmobile
- 'Star Wars: Aftermath': Finding Han Solo for a quick galactic run
- Kanye West sends Taylor Swift flowers after the 2015 VMAs
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!