The Last Exorcism Part II may have an extremely dumb title but that’s not a good reason to avoid it — particularly when there are so many more legitimate excuses not to see this tepid, predictable sequel to the 2010 horror film we’re now renaming The First Last Exorcism. Having eschewed the found-footage format of the original, director Ed Gass-Donnelly makes good-ish use of the movie’s New Orleans location. Ashley Bell is convincingly fretful as the returning exorcisee Nell, who spends much of the film enduring flies, visions of her dead father, and nocturnal backbending (a limber vertebrae has now officially replaced projectile vomiting as the definitive proof of demonic possession). Unfortunately, no one involved seems to have bent over backwards to make the movie either original or even all that scary. C+
THE LAST EXORCISM PART II
Genre: Horror; Starring: Ashley Bell, Spencer Treat Clark; Director: Ed Gass-Donnelly; Release Date Wide: 03/01/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: CBS Films
Posted March 6 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Universal reveals My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 release date
- Zedd shares his ultimate Memorial Day Weekend playlist
- 'Marshall Mathers LP' at 15: Revisit Eminem's best live performances
- Bill Murray is getting his own Netflix Christmas special
- Margaret Atwood talks Twitter Fiction and near-genius hashtags
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!