The Last Exorcism Part II may have an extremely dumb title but that’s not a good reason to avoid it — particularly when there are so many more legitimate excuses not to see this tepid, predictable sequel to the 2010 horror film we’re now renaming The First Last Exorcism. Having eschewed the found-footage format of the original, director Ed Gass-Donnelly makes good-ish use of the movie’s New Orleans location. Ashley Bell is convincingly fretful as the returning exorcisee Nell, who spends much of the film enduring flies, visions of her dead father, and nocturnal backbending (a limber vertebrae has now officially replaced projectile vomiting as the definitive proof of demonic possession). Unfortunately, no one involved seems to have bent over backwards to make the movie either original or even all that scary. C+
THE LAST EXORCISM PART II
Genre: Horror; Starring: Ashley Bell, Spencer Treat Clark; Director: Ed Gass-Donnelly; Release Date Wide: 03/01/2013; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: CBS Films
Posted March 6 2013 — 12:00 AM EST
- David Milch read Kim Dickens 'amazing' new 'Deadwood' scenes
- 'The Simpsons': Jason Alexander to guest in Trump-tweaking episode
- Laurie Hernandez's dad used to joke about her competing on 'DWTS'
- Stephen Colbert does his best Beyoncé in ridiculous VMAs parody
- 'Pretty Little Liars' poll: Who will die in the summer finale?
- How Kiiara struck 'Gold' with an unlikely pop smash
- Bitch Sesh: Casey Wilson, Danielle Schneider love these podcasts