Valerie Harper, TV’s Rhoda Morgenstern from The Mary Tyler Moore Show and its spinoff, has terminal brain cancer. The 73-year-old actress told People in this week’s cover story that she learned her horrible diagnosis on Jan. 15. Her doctors concluded she had leptomeningeal carcinomatosis, a cancer complication that accelerates the spread of the illness, and has as little as three months to live. “I don’t think of dying,” Harper told the magazine. “I think of being here now.”
Posted March 6 2013 — 9:54 AM EST
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!