EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
Posted March 19 2013 — 5:23 PM EDT
- 'Rings' trailer brings Samara back for more scares
- Stephen Colbert helps Rami Malek make his first Instagram post
- Ciara joins Miss America judges panel — exclusive
- AFI postpones 'Birth of a Nation' screening, Nate Parker Q&A
- Seth Meyers laughs at latest Hillary Clinton email revelations
- 'America's Got Talent': 12-year-old Grace VanderWaal wows again
- The Final Five gymnasts saw 'Hamilton'
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your limited series/drama nominees are...