EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
Posted March 19 2013 — 5:23 PM EDT
- Civil Twilight releases 'Story Of An Immigrant,' announces new album -- exclusive
- China monthly box-office tops U.S. for first time
- Nick Offerman to star in stage production of A Confederacy of Dunces
- See 'Ultron' with RDJ: Charity contest
- Hear Will Butler of Arcade Fire's solo debut Policy on Spotify
- 'Sound of Music' turns 50: Let's rank the Von Trapp children