EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
Posted March 19 2013 — 5:23 PM EDT
- Penelope Cruz to star in reinvention drama 'Layover'
- 'The Catch' lands 'Happy Endings,' 'Army Wives' stars
- What to Watch Thursday: 'Lip Sync Battle' stages a 'Community' reunion
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Voice'
- Jon Stewart, David Letterman, Judd Apatow on deck for USO comedy show
- Jacob Tremblay is Team Iron Man, and other adorable revelations
- 'Rogue One' actor reveals character detail in new interview