EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
Posted March 19 2013 — 5:23 PM EDT
- Maroon 5 respond to Taraji P. Henson confusing them with Coldplay
- Rick Rubin is producing a 'Star Wars'-inspired album
- Zayn Malik's 'Pillowtalk' debuts at No. 1
- 'Gotham' exclusive: See first footage of Mr. Freeze, Hugo Strange in action
- Michael Fassbender compares 'Assassin's Creed' to 'The Matrix'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Meet Jake's first partner, played by Damon Wayans Jr.
- Taye Diggs to guest-star on 300th episode of 'NCIS'