If ¡Uno! and ¡Dos! did it all for the Dookie kids, ¡Tre! might be a shout to fans of 2000’s Warning. Green Day’s third disc in three months lets their tightly wound hooks decompress, delivering stadium-worthy three-chord nods to various ghosts of rock past, from Otis Redding to Baba O’Riley. There are odd ducks here (an operatic six-minute suite, a spiky Occupy ode), but any band offering up a whole trilogy to the altar of no-bones rock & roll shouldn’t be taken for granted. B+
TRE! Tre Cool, Billie Joe Armstrong, and Mike Dirnt of Green Day (Felisha Tolentino)
Genre: Rock; Status: In Season; Music Label: Reprise Records
Posted March 19 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?