How do you say ”Kneel, bitch!” in Dothraki? Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) might want to practice that phrase, because she’s preparing to buy an army and win Westeros (and maybe enough riches to buy more vowels for her name). In the wake of the Battle of the Blackwater, everyone wants to be king more than ever: Robb Stark (Richard Madden) has won every battle on his way to King’s Landing, though he doesn’t know how much more war he can take. Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) has been demoted from Hand of the King to accountant, but he still longs for his daddy’s favor. Poor Stannis Baratheon (Stephen Dillane) is left sulking in a cave, plotting his comeback. But the most compelling characters in season 3 are the gentleladies. Margaery (Natalie Dormer) is manipulating Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), with help from her deliciously sharp-tongued grandmother Lady Olenna (Diana Rigg). And the chilly competition between past and future queens Cersei (Lena Headey) and Margaery could freeze a White Walker cold. (Turns out those pale zombies have been wandering around Westeros lately, decapitating horses.) Last season, Game of Thrones told its stories in grand gestures — epic battles and public beheadings — so it’s exciting to see the people with the least power running the kingdom. ”There’s a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand,” Daenerys’ adviser warns her. But it’s thrilling when you put that sword in the hand of a woman who’s been waiting to use it for far too long. A-
Game of ThronesHow do you say ''Kneel, bitch!'' in Dothraki? Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) might want to practice that phrase, because she's preparing to buy an...Game of ThronesAdventure, drama, FantasyHow do you say ''Kneel, bitch!'' in Dothraki? Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) might want to practice that phrase, because she's preparing to buy an...2013-03-29
Daenerys Targaryen (Helen Sloan/HBO)
Genre: Adventure, drama, Fantasy; Broadcaster: HBO
Posted March 29 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!