What does “translating the Jazz Age sensibility of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby into the musical equivalents of our own times, through the blending of hip-hop, traditional jazz, and other contemporary musical textures” mean exactly? When Jay-Z’s producing, it means will.i.am!
Well, not just him. The full tracklist for the upcoming Baz Luhrmann extravaganza’s soundtrack was released today, and it includes a varied list of artists, ranging from Beyoncé to Jack White.
As we told you earlier this week, Beyoncé and Andre 3000 will be teaming up to cover Amy Winehouse’s “Back to Black.” There are other covers as well: Brit soul-pop singer Emeli Sande and the Brian Ferry Orchestra do Bey’s “Crazy in Love” together; White offers his rendition of U2’s “Love Is Blindness”; and Brian Ferry covers himself, sort of, since he and his orchestra takes on Roxy Music’s “Love Is the Drug.”
01. Jay-Z – 100$ Bill
02. Beyoncé and André 3000 – Back to Black
03. will.i.am – Bang Bang
04. Fergie, Q-Tip, and GoonRock – A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got)
05. Lana Del Rey – Young and Beautiful
06. Bryan Ferry with The Bryan Ferry Orchestra – Love Is The Drug
07. Florence and the Machine – Over The Love
08. Coco O. of Quadron – Where The Wind Blows
09. Emeli Sandé and The Bryan Ferry Orchestra – Crazy in Love
10. The xx – Together
11. Gotye – Hearts a Mess
12. Jack White – Love is Blindness
13. Nero – Into the Past