Patrick Wilson (reteaming with Insidious director James Wan) stars with Vera Farmiga as real-life supernatural investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren, who came to the aid of an exorcism-needing family (led by Ron Livingston and Lili Taylor) in 1970s Rhode Island. Wilson was ”a little bit trepidatious” about appearing in another franchise-ready horror film (Insidious: Chapter 2 is due in September) but wanted to play Warren, a legend in paranormal circles. ”He strongly believed,” says the actor. ”But he spent more time convincing people the creak in their house was not a ghost.” Wilson says he’d even play Warren again — should the power of the box office compel him.
Posted April 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big