Linda Lovelace’s name has become a punchline. After all, she starred in the infamous 1972 porn film Deep Throat. But as this gritty biopic shows, there was nothing to laugh about behind the scenes. Lovelace (Amanda Seyfried) was regularly abused and forced to stay in the porn industry by her husband (Peter Sarsgaard). ”I keep telling myself that I’m not going to play people who I wouldn’t bring home to dinner,” says Sarsgaard with a laugh. ”People always ask me about the sex scenes, but the violence is way more intense.” Watch for cameos by Sharon Stone, Chris Noth, and James Franco — as Hugh Hefner, of course.
Posted April 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- John Oliver offers Trump Emmy in return for accepting election results
- What to Watch Monday: Lynda Carter meets 'Supergirl'
- 'The Walking Dead' producers explain that crazy cliffhanger resolution
- 'The Walking Dead': Michael Cudlitz reflects on Abraham's big moment
- 'The Walking Dead': Steven Yeun weighs in on Glenn's fate
- 'Quantico' boss on channeling 'Mr. Robot,' Harry's 'personal' story
- 'The Walking Dead' cliffhanger victims revealed