Nineteen-year-old Maya is sent by her fiercely devoted grandmother to live in an idyllic, insular island town off the coast of Chile in Maya’s Notebook. Here she leans on the support of a limping stray dog and a stoic writer to heal the wounds of her teenage years. As Maya recovers on the island, Allende weaves in a blistering portrait of her runaway history in Las Vegas, where she sank into drugs, crime, and prostitution. While the present charms, and the past rivets (Allende can spin a yarn with the grace of a poet), the novel reads as if it were about two separate girls who never merge into one. B
Maya's NotebookNineteen-year-old Maya is sent by her fiercely devoted grandmother to live in an idyllic, insular island town off the coast of Chile in Maya's...Maya's NotebookFictionIsabel AllendeNineteen-year-old Maya is sent by her fiercely devoted grandmother to live in an idyllic, insular island town off the coast of Chile in Maya's...2013-04-12HarperCollins
MAYA'S NOTEBOOK by Isabel Allende
Genre: Fiction; Author: Isabel Allende; Publisher: HarperCollins
Posted April 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!