Nineteen-year-old Maya is sent by her fiercely devoted grandmother to live in an idyllic, insular island town off the coast of Chile in Maya’s Notebook. Here she leans on the support of a limping stray dog and a stoic writer to heal the wounds of her teenage years. As Maya recovers on the island, Allende weaves in a blistering portrait of her runaway history in Las Vegas, where she sank into drugs, crime, and prostitution. While the present charms, and the past rivets (Allende can spin a yarn with the grace of a poet), the novel reads as if it were about two separate girls who never merge into one. B
Maya's NotebookNineteen-year-old Maya is sent by her fiercely devoted grandmother to live in an idyllic, insular island town off the coast of Chile in Maya's...Maya's NotebookFictionIsabel AllendeNineteen-year-old Maya is sent by her fiercely devoted grandmother to live in an idyllic, insular island town off the coast of Chile in Maya's...2013-04-12HarperCollins
MAYA'S NOTEBOOK by Isabel Allende
Genre: Fiction; Author: Isabel Allende; Publisher: HarperCollins
Posted April 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Snooki debuts 'Yung Mommy' music video
- 'Homeland' elects 'House of Cards' actress as new president
- WATCH: John Krasinski comforts Margo Martindale in 'The Hollars' clip
- 'Elementary': 'True Blood' star to play Sherlock canon character
- New video examines 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- WATCH: A baby shower goes wrong in exclusive 'Killer Party' trailer
- Frightened Rabbit reveal why they don't want to play stadiums
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels