When the evil Gargamel (Hank Azaria) captures Smurfette (voiced by Katy Perry) in the sequel to the 2011 film, it’s up to the little blue guys and their human friends Patrick and Grace Winslow (Neil Patrick Harris and Jayma Mays) to travel to Paris to save her. But first, Smurfette has to figure out whether she actually might enjoy being part of Gargamel’s clan. ”The Smurfs 2 has an overall message about families not necessarily being the one you were created by, but the one you were raised by,” says Harris. ”It’s kind of adult, but it’s still a very Smurfy movie.” After all, Patrick’s stepfather (Brendan Gleeson) does turn into a duck.
Posted April 12 2013 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Flash': Meet the new Harrison Wells
- '24: Legacy' drops new trailer during World Series
- Ice Cube developing modern-day 'Oliver Twist' musical at Disney
- 'Black Mirror' creator: The one twist that was too heartbreaking to do
- Tinashe almost freaked out when working with 'idol' Britney Spears
- Westworld ratings take hit from Walking Dead
- Simon Pegg talks 'Star Trek Beyond' with an ISS astronaut
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop